Thursday, September 1, 2011

Adventures in Quilting #1

This is it! After months and months of telling my mom and boyfriend (and anyone else that would listen) that I want to learn to quilt, I have just taken my first stitch into the quilting world!

My grandmother recently gave me a "Hearthside Quilts" kit teaching me how to make my own 44" x 56" Patchwork quilt. I have no clue how long she's had this kit hanging about, but the copyright on the instructions dates 1992. This quilt is almost as old as I am, haha.

Annnnyway, this is the perfect project to start considering I'm embarking on Cb's Sew September.

It's a pretty simple quilt -- everything is already cut for me. I just have to sew little pieces together to make big patches, and applique hearts onto them...but still! This opens a whole new world for me. One of making everyone's Christmas presents and having confidence they look awesome!

So let Sew September begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment